MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Someone do this for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-05-22, 05:09 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I think a android app would be better as that would be a much larger market for a much larger amount of time.

And then i can use it.
I've been waiting for an Android plugin aswell Smile

Nothing yet, want to use MyBB on my Nexus...
so why the big push for mybb compatible apps? the browsers not good enough for you? think of the amount of functionality you loose with an OS specific app.
The negative connotation to browsers wasn't necessary.
Mobile technology is becoming more widespread and the need for mobile compatible apps to access forums is necessary.
It's not necessary but most forums aren't designed in a way that works well for the smaller screens of cell phones.
I have been using Palm the past 10 years, iPod Touch for 2 years and WinMo for several months. All three have worked fine on all the sites I need to go to, unless its a Flash thing.

Not knocking the idea, just not understanding it. I suppose I would miss too much of the functionality a regular browser would give versus the "app" version
There is an iphone plugin in the mods section which works okay.

I certainly wish I had the time to make the ultimate mobile plugin.
Just a small plugin that switches to a mobile theme when it detects a mobile browser will be good.

Can't see why we need apps for all the devices Big Grin
Pages: 1 2