MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1,4 to 1.6 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've tried a test upgrade too. No problem so far. Even my plugins work, just had to update the version number on a few of them.
All works fine for me aswell.
davey did you ever find out what happend ?
i have just run head long in to the same problem.
every time i run the upgrader it blanks the lot.

running wamp on windows vista 32 bit i think
if you sorted this out can you please let me know as i am starting to pull my hair out.
Can you printscreen the steps you're taking too?? It doesn't call any install stuff if you don't run the installer, it's not including the code that creates all the default stuff.
Umm, my mate on msn has the same problem, i'm going to take a look into it for him, il post a solution if i find one.

P.S Install a backup, disable all plugins and upgrade, that might work, but i'm going to look into my mates issue.
yeah i sorted it out and its simple once you work out what the hell you done wrong,
the problem is not in wamp or in the upgrader the problem is in your old config file of your old 1.4 admin panel.

if like me you download a backup of your live forum and then stuck it up on wamp the config file needs to be changed as follows note this has to be done before you try the upgrade.

log on to 1.4 while its running on wamp.
go in to admin panel, configuration,General Configuration,

it should be laid out as follows.
delete your website address under board ulr put in http://localhost or what every you have your wamp set to.
blank the home page ulr nothing needs to go in that for testing.
email is ok to leave

cookie domain should be left blank
cookie path should just have the standard / and nothing else
cookie prefix leave blank,

save those settings .
then try the upgrade again and it shoud work this time.

i almost stuck my head in wall till it dawned on me what the hell i done wrong,
That wouldn't have anything to do with it. Those settings being wrong wouldn't include the code for the installer, and if those settings were wrong, particularly the Board URL and cookie settings, your forum wouldn't have worked.
i will try that davey and let you know
well thanks davey i done as you suggested and that worked for me as well.

i hate to disagree with a support staff member but in this case you are not correct.
it is poosible to run 1.4 with those settings being in correct i think it depends on what way you have loaded your backup of 1.4 on wamp.

i don't load a full back up of my forum i just can't keep downloading 1 gig folder all the time then play with the settings php and config files. i just don't have the time.
what i did if memory serves is this.
install a new copy of 1.4 , delete all the files from database then import my own backup files
then all i did was download my cache folder from my froum and put it wamp.
that will give you your full forum layout, with all post, just not the attachments or images.
but as listed the config file in admin panel is incorrect.
you can try that yourself you will find you get a working forum on wamp with incorrect settings.

the problem then comes if you try running the upgrade file.
it all goes wrong and blanks the lot.

thanks davey you saved the rest of my hair.
Pages: 1 2