MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with Signature & BBCode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm helping a friend with his site located here: http://forum.yrea.org.uk/index.php
mod_security has been enabled
usercp.php and usercp2.php are CHMOD to 644

Nevertheless, whenever I attempt to update my signature using either an [img] or [url] tag I am given a 403 error.
In the ACP when I do the same it updates it without a problem.

Any ideas?
Cheers in advance,
DC.
No reason for mod_security to give an error here, but I get a malware warning when I visit that site so there's something going on here beyond MyBB.
(2010-05-22, 12:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No reason for mod_security to give an error here, but I get a malware warning when I visit that site so there's something going on here beyond MyBB.

That's just Firefox thanks to Google, sadly. It's Google generating the error because of some files associated with cutenews that lead to a site blacklisted by Google.
My friend is in the process of trying to get Google to remove the warning.

DC
Seems some code got into my site somehow which I have now removed and I am currently waiting for Google to re-review us.
Still, I think the 403 is being caused by something on your host. mod_security shouldn't complain about those tags. What happens when you use them in posts?? If mod_security is enabled, can you sue the ACP??
(2010-05-22, 01:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Still, I think the 403 is being caused by something on your host. mod_security shouldn't complain about those tags. What happens when you use them in posts?? If mod_security is enabled, can you sue the ACP??

That's what is puzzling me too. All of the ACP links work and this is the only error I can find which I would normally put down to mod_security issues...
Seems HostGator didn't whitelist everything correctly... Its working fine now - Thanks everyone Smile