MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Full reply" seen by default instead of "Quick reply"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like for the full "New reply" to appear at the bottom of a thread instead of the "Quick reply" version, directly editable of course.

Actually, I assume real estate is the main reason why this isn't already so but a few layout changes in the "New/full reply" feature would make it take up a lot less real estate, for instance by;
- relocating things from below the text box to the right of it
- or putting specialty features (polls, attachments, etc) so it is reached with a regular expand/collapse button (i.e the type of small button seen on the top right corner of e.g the Quick Reply box)

How can I make the regular reply box show instead of Quick Reply?
Or am I missing something?

Thank you!
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/advanced-quick-reply-form

??

You can't show the full newreply template there as that template is for an entire page... the whole point of the quick reply is that it's quick, you only have to press one button to get everything else.
Thanks for your (very) fast and kind reply.
The mod seems promising. Assuming it works well for 1.4 (do you know? A few bugs are mentioned plus it's two years old...), I'm hoping it'd be easy to include just a few more parts from the "New reply":

Post options - only the Signature part
Thread subscription options
Attachments - desired, but no need for it to be in a separate section like that. And the "you're using X KB" is redundant for me since it is set for "Unlimited".
The three post buttons

I realized Polls don't appear for replies, so my question is thus;
What can I do to include the above? Either into that plugin or how do I add it to "under" where the plugin displays its results?

Thank you again!

Of dubious interest; here are my explanations why the other features are obsolte, for me. Feel free to disregard, of course:

Username - i don't see a need for this as a default. My users typically only have one user name. (Side note, it is not clear that "change user" logs you out.)
Post Subject - (note: in e.g google groups, changing the topic title actually changes the name for the whole thread. Not sure which makes more sense)
Post Icons - turned off for me
Post options: Disable Smilies - not sure it works; my tests to check it did neither hide my own nor quoted smilies, and if I don't understand it my fellow boards members will likely also not do so, i.e an obsolete feature for me
The only issue with that plugin that I know of is that it sometimes stretches the page and makes the editor a bit squashed.

If you need all that stuff though you'll need an additional plugin, it's not loaded by default on the showthread page.

The change username thing is odd and a lot of staff have even said they don't really know what it's there for. It'll be removed at some point. I believe the post subject is also being removed as it's a fairly redundant feature. You can remove these options from the templates if you don't want them.

Disable smilies option does work though --> :) :( :D :P
Thank you again!

Because I'm new at this I must ask; When you say I need an additional plugin, does this mean it is not a good idea to tamper with the various templates? Or is it simply not possible to do what I described by fiddling with the templates? Or how do I create such a plugin?

You're right, the Disable smilies does work. My mistake. Thank you.