MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Redesigned] Sick Sigs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
After my first post about my site less than 1 month ago I made some major changes/upgrades based on your advice and the advice of my members. I'm proud to say we've come a long way since then so enjoy!

http://www.sicksigs.com

Sick Sigs - Where dreams become art.
We work together to provide you with all your GFX needs.

By signing up on our forum you'll be able to do the following:

- Earn Points that can be exchanged for real cash!
- Post requests for sigs, avatars, banners, etc
- Compete in contests for various prizes.
- Show off your work.
- Learn from and teach others.
- Unlock forums with resources for all your GFX needs.

Updates coming in the near future:

-A giant gallery full of resources (nearly finished)

Current Staff:

-Myself, 2 admins, 1 moderator

You'll notice that we're still a young site, but with some hard work and great members I think we have a bright future. We have plenty of neat little features that can't be fully appreciated unless your an active member so please sign up. If nothing else sign up and read around a bit.. if you decide you don't like it and choose not to participate anymore no hard feelings. We just ask that you give us a chance. Smile

Please keep flame/spam comments to a minimum here. I'm only looking for fair/intelligent responses.

Thanks all,
Civil
No need to make a second thread about it, but okay.
The sound: Pointless? It's not everybody's thing, I know you can pause it, but still. Get something neutral.
The design: Looks better, I don't really like the stars on the background.
The content: Kind of much better.
I prefered it how it was before, the background stars and the music are tacky imo. The homepage took forever to load too.
Get rid of the stars.
Get rid of the music.

Why is it so friggin slow?
it's not slow for me?.. the stars help to promote the theme and i've gotten positive feedback from my members so I'm not sure I want to change those.. I may get rid of the song though just because music isn't really necessary
(2010-05-23, 04:35 AM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]it's not slow for me?.. the stars help to promote the theme and i've gotten positive feedback from my members so I'm not sure I want to change those.. I may get rid of the song though just because music isn't really necessary

I really want to slap you right now.
haha why? I'm open to suggestions but what do you suggest.. "get rid of the stars" doesn't really give me any direction.. What do you think would work better.. a light bg, a dark bg?
/facepalm you just took bad web design to a whole new level.

1. Get rid of the starry bg, its overkill and ugly imo.
2. For a graphics site, your text headers are disgusting.
3. Your default font blows, change it to something more attractive such as tahoma or trebuchet ms or calibri.

4. Hire a designer, holy crap. Sorry but this is just... bad.
dang is everyone here in love with the smell of their own farts?

this is ridiculous.. I feel I could make facebook and you bunch would rip on it.. please close my threads mods I'm done hearing your folks point of view
That's really good, I love it. Great background effect and rotation of the images. To improve I think you could center the top links and have images next to the them, similar to http://thediscussionzone.com

Overall great site and the forum looks good as well, flows with the overall theme.

I can see your project going far, well done my friend Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6