MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heya guys,

I keep getting emailed this error from my boards and have no idea what it means X.x

Type: 20
File: (Line no. 0)
SQL Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
ORDER BY p.dateline' at line 4
Query: 
SELECT u.*, u.username AS userusername, p.*
FROM mybb_posts p
LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid=p.uid)
WHERE p.pid IN ()
ORDER BY p.dateline

Could you guys please tell me how to fix this? Thanks a lot in advance! ^_^
Do you have any plugins installed?
Yea, have quite a few actually but never got this error till a few days ago.
Installed/updated any of those plugins recently?
No I did not but my server/host did crash a few days ago and come back up.
(2010-05-25, 09:02 AM)Dpower20 Wrote: [ -> ]No I did not but my server/host did crash a few days ago and come back up.

It looks like part of a showthread query... Maybe the host went down at the same time when someone clicked on a thread?? (just guessing..)

You can always reupload showthread.php to see if it fixes the problem..
@Disturbed: showthread.php iirc doesn't contain any SQL queries, so if showthread.php had an error, there would be PHP Parse Errors everywhere.

@OP: I would suggest reuploading all your MyBB files, except config.default.php and install/
showthread.php has loads of queries, how else would it select everything...??

According to OS X search it's not in any core MyBB files. If it was we'd probably have discovered it before. What plugins do you have??
I have to reinstall my whole board? O_O

I have:
  • A clear news bar
  • Advanced Quick Reply Form
  • BBCode in Custom Profile Fields
  • Default Profile
  • Email about new members
  • Show events on index
  • Google SEO
  • Highslide 4.1.8 Zoom-Slideshow-Watermark
  • Mail on activation
  • Miss You Email
  • Moderators can change username
  • MYPS
  • MyShoutbox
  • PHP and Template Conditionals
  • PM on registration
  • Prune Members
  • reCAPTCHA Plugin

Thing is...I have no clue how to reproduce the error. I'm not sure what's causing it but I keep getting the error emails.
When you say you're getting error emails, does that mean that the MyBB system is sending you emails to notify you of errors? Or users are emailing you saying they've experienced errors?
Pages: 1 2