MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't import attachments from phpBB3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to convert from a phpBB 3 forum to latest version of MyBB, but I can't get the attachments to become converted.

The thing is, when accessed by URL, the script can't get to the files (even though I've chmodded and removed the .htaccess file), and when using the absolute server path, there is no error but attachments aren't copied at all and the output report is full of those:
	Could not find the attachment (ID: 159)
for all of the attachments. I've checked twice and I think all the permissions are right (uploads/ and files/ folders are 777, among with its contents), so what might be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance
(2010-05-25, 05:40 PM)zenitraM Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to convert from a phpBB 3 forum to latest version of MyBB, but I can't get the attachments to become converted.

The thing is, when accessed by URL, the script can't get to the files (even though I've chmodded and removed the .htaccess file), and when using the absolute server path, there is no error but attachments aren't copied at all and the output report is full of those:
	Could not find the attachment (ID: 159)
for all of the attachments. I've checked twice and I think all the permissions are right (uploads/ and files/ folders are 777, among with its contents), so what might be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance

I'm facing the same problem. Sad
Attachment importing is a real pain in the lime.

Support staff! we need you here.
Well, I don't see why you needed to resurrect another thread on this. You guys need to pick ONE thread.

Do like has been suggested and disable your .htaccess files by renaming them all to htaccess.txt and see what happens. This isn't that hard, and could net you a LOT of results.
I finally got to solve it by just copying all the attachments to a new temporary folder on the server and pointing MyBB to that folder, somehow even when I removed all .htaccess and chmodded everything to 755 I couldn't access to the /uploads folder for phpBB (got a Forbidden error always).
That's really weird. I'm glad that worked for you though!