MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm typing this from a dvorak keyboard!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A while ago on SF I saw a thread that reminded me about Dvorak keyboards so a week or so ago I ordered a cheap keyboard and a set of Dvorak stickers and they arrived today so I'm trying it out. At the moment It's painfully slow but I have already improved even In the past 15 minutes.

The full stop is killing me the most!

So, has anyone else tried Dvorak and has anyone successfully switched?
Never heard of it before... ):
QWERTY FTW Toungue
i while ago i install the colemak software on my mac to try and learn colemak i not using it right now but i start to learn it fast found i could type longer with it

i might go back and try it again soon i tried it with out channing the letters lol

but i have gone back to qwerty for now
I need to find an actual keyboard for it. Then i will use it.
I couldn't imagine myself switching keyboards. I would actually have to look at the keyboard again.
Yeah thanks for mentioning SF about this. In case you guys want to see the Dvorak Keyboard thread he is talking about.
Yeah I've tried converting to Dvorak, but I always switch back to QWERTY because I don't have a Dvorak keyboard and it took too long to learn.

At one point in time I wrote out the Dvorak layout on the keys of one of my old keyboards Toungue
I'm typing with dvorat too now! I always like trying new things like this.
The only thing that worries me is getting used to it and not being able to type fluently on a qwerty keyboard.

I'm actually starting to get the hang of it.
How would I actually make the switch to the dvorak keyboard? I have a qwerty keyboard lying around in the basement, then I would just need to put some stickers on it?
Pages: 1 2 3