MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I did every thing the Documents told me to do... but I still get this error

Quote:Warning: main(): Unable to access ../inc/class_core.php in /home/vhosts/hoodcom.dkmhosting.com/mybb/install/index.php on line 16

Warning: main(../inc/class_core.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/vhosts/hoodcom.dkmhosting.com/mybb/install/index.php on line 16

Warning: main(): Unable to access ../inc/class_core.php in /home/vhosts/hoodcom.dkmhosting.com/mybb/install/index.php on line 16

Warning: main(../inc/class_core.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/vhosts/hoodcom.dkmhosting.com/mybb/install/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../inc/class_core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/vhosts/hoodcom.dkmhosting.com/mybb/install/index.php on line 16

A friend of mine uses the same exact host, and he too followed the Documents instrutions... and it worked for him!

My version is the newest one. And I believe the friend of mine's is too. he set it up not too long ago. So what is the big deal here?
Have you uploaded the inc folder? Check that you have uploaded all the files, including inc/class_core.php
Yes, that is uploaded.

I have made sure ever single file was uploaded as well.
what about to give a try and chmod /inc/class_core.php to 755 ! for some hosts, u need to do that , for any files u upload

waitting ur reply
Yes, I made sure of that too, all file premissions are 755 except the ones that had to be set to 666.
Never mind, I some how got it to work. O_O

And I had to set the Upload and avatar to 777 instead of 666. o_O
Yes, 666 only works for files but not folders. For the folders they need to be 777. (as stated by zaher in another thread) I'm going to inquire into getting the installation manual changed because it seems to be quickly becoming a large problem.