MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove IM Fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

In the profile settings and, on profile pages, there are IM fields, Like MSN, ect. I see lots of ways to add more, Like skype and others, But, How do i remove them? I would like to only allow the email and PM feature but no IM's or other sort of accounts.

Regards
(2010-05-28, 09:43 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

In the profile settings and, on profile pages, there are IM fields, Like MSN, ect. I see lots of ways to add more, Like skype and others, But, How do i remove them? I would like to only allow the email and PM feature but no IM's or other sort of accounts.

Regards
I couldn't find a setting in the ACP but I might have overlooked. You can remove in the template by modifying the following:

In the User Control Panel Templates edit usercp_profile and remove the following:
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong>{$lang->additional_contact_details}</strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}">
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->icq_number}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="icq" size="25" value="{$user['icq']}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->aim_screenname}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="aim" size="25" value="{$user['aim']}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->msn}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="msn" size="25" value="{$user['msn']}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->yahoo_id}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="yahoo" size="25" value="{$user['yahoo']}" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>

Than open Member Templates and in member_profile remove:

<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->icq_number}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=imcenter&amp;imtype=icq&amp;uid={$uid}', 'imcenter', 450, 300);">{$memprofile['icq']}</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->aim_screenname}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=imcenter&amp;imtype=aim&amp;uid={$uid}', 'imcenter', 450, 300);">{$memprofile['aim']}</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->yahoo_id}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=imcenter&amp;imtype=yahoo&amp;uid={$uid}', 'imcenter', 450, 300);">{$memprofile['yahoo']}</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->msn}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=imcenter&amp;imtype=msn&amp;uid={$uid}', 'imcenter', 450, 300);">{$memprofile['msn']}</a></td>
</tr>

Again this is an hard remove and there might be an option that allows you to remove these fields but I couldn't find them.
Hi, Thanks for helping, Is there any way i can change the names of the fields and add fields?
(2010-05-29, 09:15 AM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Thanks for helping, Is there any way i can change the names of the fields and add fields?
If you want the new fields to appear exactly in the same box as the IM's are than just rename the names of it for example change:

<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="yahoo" size="25" value="{$user['yahoo']}" /></td>
</tr>
to
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="newfield" size="25" value="{$user['newfield']}" /></td>
</tr>

But you will need some MySQL and HTML knowledge as I think you also got to change the database name. The best thing to do is remove these and than go into your ACP -> Configurations -> Custom Profile Fields (located in sidebar).

Goodluck,
Bob