MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best free host for a development MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whats a good free host just to design my themes on, not run a forum, i already have paid hosting and a domain for my actual forum, but my hosts server is under a DDoS attack and uhh the firewall isn't working because the attack is suspected to be over 50,000 bots hitting it, but yeah i just need a host to design themes and stuff on.

Thanks.
I heard http://localhost is awesome for developement. (Download WAMP.) Wink
Nah, i'd rather have it on hosting.
(2010-05-29, 02:17 AM)GFX Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, i'd rather have it on hosting.

Because downtime, slow ftp transfers and space and bandwidth limits are important. Joe is right, develop on localhost.
Ok, I'll try it i guess, is it called WAMP?
Yes, WAMP (stands for Windows Apache MySQL PHP). I use it on my netbook and it's extremely helpful for developement without the need for an internet connection thus downtime is not an issue. Wink

But if you are really intent on using an actual web host there are lots of free options out there.
WAMP is amazing, also I wouldn't trust my themes on an random free host.
I use XAMPP, however I've run into issues on Win7 so I don't really recommend it for that.
Actually my co-workers report the exact opposite Scoutie. They can't get WAMP to work correctly on Windows 7 so they all switched to XAMPP. Weird.
(2010-05-29, 02:40 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Actually my co-workers report the exact opposite Scoutie. They can't get WAMP to work correctly on Windows 7 so they all switched to XAMPP. Weird.

I've found that aswell. I actually went back to XP for WAMPP, after i found a few features i liked, that Xampp didn't offer.
Pages: 1 2 3