MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I dislike domain hoarders... :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone else feel like they are one of a webmaster's arch nemeses? I'm not saying that some people selling their domains here are simply hoarders but very often in searching for a good domain so many are taken, either by companies that sit on domains or by individuals looking for desperate buyers.

I wish there was some way to curb this sort of behavior Dodgy
It's not bad behaviour, it's a competition.
Its the first to register it, gets it. Simple.
If they wan't to sell it, it's their choice, you just should've been there first.
No. I don't. I plan on buying about 250 domains. I have a list about that size of free domains that are very good.
If your smart you do it. I know some people that have hundreds of domains and even buy domain names of persons names they know. For example if I know a client that has a blog and I know his name than I could buy clientname.me and sell it to him when hes planning on buying a domain for his blog.
(2010-05-29, 09:15 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]If your smart you do it. I know some people that have hundreds of domains and even buy domain names of persons names they know. For example if I know a client that has a blog and I know his name than I could buy clientname.me and sell it to him when hes planning on buying a domain for his blog.

If he is a client, that is unethical on so many levels.
(2010-05-29, 09:15 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]If your smart you do it. I know some people that have hundreds of domains and even buy domain names of persons names they know. For example if I know a client that has a blog and I know his name than I could buy clientname.me and sell it to him when hes planning on buying a domain for his blog.

Shhh Dont tell your client that - they'll run away Smile

I can't say i dislike Domain hoarders, but I do want the domain vb.net XD That domain should be worth like millions Toungue
(2010-05-29, 09:52 PM)PHP_Paul Wrote: [ -> ]

This.
So you also hate Apple because they invented computers first? Same difference really. Makes a decent business if you have good names and I've considered doing this myself a few times once I have a bit moar cash flow.
(2010-05-29, 09:52 PM)PHP_Paul Wrote: [ -> ]

I am not saying I do it as I don't got the cash at the moment but it's a great way of making money easily. And why is it unethical? If you got a client you make a design for and is into websites than you got to gamble if he would start a personal website or not.
(2010-05-29, 10:18 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]So you also hate Apple because they invented computers first? Same difference really. Makes a decent business if you have good names and I've considered doing this myself a few times once I have a bit moar cash flow.

Apple created a product, computers. Domain hoarders create and profit from artificial scarcity. Two very different business practices.

ps- I do hate Apple. But not because they created computers first :p
Pages: 1 2