MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Receive emails from administrators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

On registration, There is an option " Receive emails from administrators"

How can i stop that being unticked? Like, Remove it from UserCP and Registration page or something?

Whats the best way?
(2010-05-29, 10:33 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

On registration, There is an option " Receive emails from administrators"

How can i stop that being unticked? Like, Remove it from UserCP and Registration page or something?

Whats the best way?
You will have to remove it from the template I think but I don't see why you would want that. Also if you are removing it than you will have to state that in your TOS.
All i want is for People to Recieve Emergency annoucements via email about the site/forum, And i think by removing that option it would stop people not getting these. Am i right in saying that?
(2010-05-29, 10:42 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]All i want is for People to Recieve Emergency annoucements via email about the site/forum, And i think by removing that option it would stop people not getting these. Am i right in saying that?
I believe the setting is ticked by default so if you remove it than your users wont be able to untick it so it would work. The problem I have against it is that it's unethical but it's your board and as long as you put it in the TOS it should be fine.

Also why would you want people to receive emergency announcements that even don't want to get emails from admins? If you got users that register and untick the box than that means that they aren't a worthy member or don't want to get spammed. I would just keep it like it is.
Hi,

Ok, By that option, How can i edit that text? I would like it to say "Recieve email from administrators - Highly Recommended" or something. What file is that in?

Thanks
(2010-05-29, 11:34 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Ok, By that option, How can i edit that text? I would like it to say "Recieve email from administrators - Highly Recommended" or something. What file is that in?

Thanks
In the Member Templates you will see a template named "member_register". Look around in that one for removing or changing text next to the checkbox.
Template sets > yourtheme > Member templates > member_register
Replace everything with the following,

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->registration}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/validator.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<br />
<form action="member.php" method="post" id="registration_form"><input type="text" style="visibility: hidden;" value="" name="regcheck1" /><input type="text" style="visibility: hidden;" value="true" name="regcheck2" />
{$regerrors}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->registration}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="50%" class="trow1" valign="top">
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong>{$lang->account_details}</strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><label for="username">{$lang->username}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" id="username" style="width: 100%" value="{$username}" /></td>
</tr>
{$passboxes}
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="email">{$lang->email}</label></span></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="email2">{$lang->confirm_email}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="email" id="email" style="width: 100%" maxlength="50" value="{$email}" /></td>
<td><input type="text" class="textbox" name="email2" id="email2" style="width: 100%" maxlength="50" value="{$email2}" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td colspan="2" style="display: none;" id="email_status">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
{$requiredfields}
{$referrer}
{$regimage}
</td>
<td width="50%" class="trow1" valign="top">
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong>{$lang->account_prefs}</strong></legend>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="allownotices" id="allownotices" value="1" {$allownoticescheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="allownotices">{$lang->allow_notices}<b> RECOMMENDED!</b></label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="1" {$hideemailcheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="hideemail">{$lang->hide_email}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1" {$receivepmscheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="receivepms">{$lang->receive_pms}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotice" id="pmnotice" value="1"{$pmnoticecheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotice">{$lang->pm_notice}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="emailpmnotify" id="emailpmnotify" value="1" {$emailpmnotifycheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="emailpmnotify">{$lang->email_notify_newpm}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="invisible" id="invisible" value="1" {$invisiblecheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="invisible">{$lang->invisible_mode}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><label for="subscriptionmethod">{$lang->subscription_method}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
	<select name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod">
		<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
		<option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
		<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
	</select>
</td>
</tr>

</table>
</fieldset>
<br />
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong><label for="timezone">{$lang->time_offset}</label></strong></legend>
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->time_offset_desc}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>{$tzselect}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span class="smalltext">{$lang->dst_correction}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
	<select name="dstcorrection">
		<option value="2" {$dst_auto_selected}>{$lang->dst_correction_auto}</option>
		<option value="1" {$dst_enabled_selected}>{$lang->dst_correction_enabled}</option>
		<option value="0" {$dst_disabled_selected}>{$lang->dst_correction_disabled}</option>
	</select>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
<br />
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong><label for="language">{$lang->lang_select}</label></strong></legend>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->lang_select_desc}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><select name="language" id="language"><option value="">{$lang->lang_select_default}</option><option value="">-----------</option>{$langoptions}</select></td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
<div align="center">
<input type="hidden" name="step" value="registration" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_register" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="regsubmit" value="{$lang->submit_registration}" />
</div>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	regValidator = new FormValidator('registration_form');
	regValidator.register('username', 'notEmpty', {failure_message:'{$lang->js_validator_no_username}'});
    regValidator.register('email', 'regexp', {match_field:'email2', regexp:'^([a-zA-Z0-9_\\.\\+\\-])+\\@(([a-zA-Z0-9\\-])+\\.)+([a-zA-Z0-9]{2,4})+$', failure_message:'{$lang->js_validator_invalid_email}'});
	regValidator.register('email2', 'matches', {match_field:'email', status_field:'email_status', failure_message:'{$lang->js_validator_email_match}'});
{$validator_extra}
	regValidator.register('username', 'ajax', {url:'xmlhttp.php?action=username_availability', loading_message:'{$lang->js_validator_checking_username}'}); // needs to be last
// -->
</script>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
Thanks, I see the text is a lang file, Does anyone know where that lang file is located? If i change it in the lang file, It will put it on USERCP settings too. Im starting to get the drift of Lang files Big Grin
All the langauge files are located in /inc/languages/english just try finding the good one, it isn't that hard.
Im hoping to god the cPanel file managers search and replace feature works Toungue
Pages: 1 2