MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone use an Android phone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm an avid Android fan and bought the G1 as soon as it hit the market. Of course it is, to date, the weakest and most unfit for the Android OS Dodgy But all hardware complaints aside... I love the OS!

Anyone else? I guess I should note that I am using Cyanogen because I wanted 2.1 on my G1. That's another great thing about Android though, the platform is open source and there is a great community dedicated to improving the Android experience.

Sorry to gush. I know I did.
from a business user perspective, i prefer the WinMo platform. for fun stuff, android or iphone. i had good luck with my palm 4/5 devices as well as using my ipod touch via wifi, but much prefer my winmo 6.5 device for all around use and business specific work.
I was going to buy an Android phone but I am not going to wait for the iPhone 4G as the design looks epic. I will get the iPhone 4G and than probably install Android OS on it on duel boot.
(2010-05-29, 11:05 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]from a business user perspective, i prefer the WinMo platform. for fun stuff, android or iphone. i had good luck with my palm 4/5 devices as well as using my ipod touch via wifi, but much prefer my winmo 6.5 device for all around use and business specific work.

Seriously? Windows? I dont phones that i have to reboot. >_< Blackberries win for busisnesses, its own messaging client to communicate and send short voice message, its great. I had one for a couple weeks during h1n1, and it was amazing.
Yes, HTC Desire. The phone with the most Ram ever. Phenomenal.
(2010-05-29, 11:11 PM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, HTC Desire. The phone with the most Ram ever. Phenomenal.

Second that. Even my Mum was impressed.
Android does look really good on the TV ads but the problem I have is there's so many different devices to choose from, and so many more are being released, that there's too much choice to be happy with the one you get and there'll be a newer and better one within a month or two. With an iPhone it's just one model. But that's just my take on it.
Though with the Desire, it's very hard to root. So if you can't do that, you're stuck with the default apps.
(2010-05-29, 11:08 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-29, 11:05 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]from a business user perspective, i prefer the WinMo platform. for fun stuff, android or iphone. i had good luck with my palm 4/5 devices as well as using my ipod touch via wifi, but much prefer my winmo 6.5 device for all around use and business specific work.

Seriously? Windows? I dont phones that i have to reboot. >_< Blackberries win for busisnesses, its own messaging client to communicate and send short voice message, its great. I had one for a couple weeks during h1n1, and it was amazing.

absolutely. i do not like that all my data has to go through RIM. At work we use BB's and no one really cares for them. My wife has a Curve for her own use that she likes, but no way loves it.

my windows phone goes days without needing a reboot, but it gets one every might anyway due to the nightly backups that restart automatically.

i can get just as much access to our work exchange server as our BB users can, if not more, full calendar, tasks, notes, mail, contacts. i can open, edit and present Office docs, spreadsheets and Powerpoint stuff.

I can send MMS, SMS and voice notes, use voice prompt/command, bluetooth, video calls (if sprint would enable it), wifi hotspot, use PuTTy to SSH to my servers, VPN to work, fully customizable themes, apps, buttons, functions.

all kinds of stuff i only dreamed about when using my ipod touch for work interaction and when using the work provided blackberry.

now, will android come to be a better OS for all around business mobile devices, possible, but not yet.
(2010-05-29, 11:26 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-29, 11:08 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]

absolutely. i do not like that all my data has to go through RIM. At work we use BB's and no one really cares for them. My wife has a Curve for her own use that she likes, but no way loves it.

If you are in a busisness you buy the BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) and run it yourself. We did/do that. Everything is encrypted.

Quote:my windows phone goes days without needing a reboot, but it gets one every might anyway due to the nightly backups that restart automatically.

Over two weeks i never turned my blackberry off, never rebooted.

Quote:i can get just as much access to our work exchange server as our BB users can, if not more, full calendar, tasks, notes, mail, contacts. i can open, edit and present Office docs, spreadsheets and Powerpoint stuff.

I can do that on a blackberry, android and iphone me thinks.

Quote:I can send MMS, SMS and voice notes, use voice prompt/command, bluetooth, video calls (if sprint would enable it), wifi hotspot, use PuTTy to SSH to my servers, VPN to work, fully customizable themes, apps, buttons, functions.

Still can do it on the blackberries

Quote:all kinds of stuff i only dreamed about when using my ipod touch for work interaction and when using the work provided blackberry.

No comment.

Quote:now, will android come to be a better OS for all around business mobile devices, possible, but not yet.

I think by next year, it will be much bigger.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6