MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is a MyCode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont get all this stuff about mycodes, Can someone please explain in Noob format (Basic and Beginner)?
[b*][/b]

this is a mycode

[s*][/s]
this is a mycode

[u*][/u]
this is a mycode
So tags and html codes are mycodes?
No, HTML tags are HTML tags. MyCodes are ways of using HTML effects without using HTML itself. For example using [ b ]Text[ / b ] without the spaces is the same as doing <strong>Text</strong> in normal HTML. [ color = red ]Text[ / color ] is the same as doing <span style="color: red;">Text</span> in normal HTML.
Well, there his codes , he posted them , but if you post them there your codes , then you can call them "myCodes* [Image: 24.gif]

Edit : couldnt help myself [Image: 24.gif]
Ah, Ok, Thanks, I found a list: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/MyCode, But do not understand how to add them so people can use them.

For those who dont know what the field looks like without logging into your forum, Here is the page:

Add MyCode
Title *
Short Description
Regular Expression *
Enter a regular expression that will search for a specific combination of characters. You must make sure the regular expression is valid and safeā€”no validation is performed.
Example: \[b\](.*?)\[/b\]
Replacement *
Enter a replacement for the regular expression.
Example: <strong>$1</strong>
Enabled? *
Yes No
Parse Order
MyCodes will be parsed in ascending order relative to other MyCodes.
most basic bhtml and formatting are already built into mybb's mycodes. you only need to add custom codes that are not already included by default. things like bold, size, color, links, images, strike, underline, bullet list, numbered list and probably a few more are builtin
(2010-05-29, 11:37 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]But do not understand how to add them so people can use them.

You need to write a regular expression, these are quite complex so if you are not familiar with them start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression
I did not get a word of that lol - I have no clue about MyCodes, Expressions, ect.
What sort of stuff are you wanting to add??
Pages: 1 2