MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Odd template saving issue...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time I save a template from the Admin CP it adds an escape (\) before every single or double quote (' or ") in the template upon saving.

Any insights?

Thanks in advance.
Ask your host to disable magic quotes.
(2010-05-30, 05:45 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your host to disable magic quotes.

I actually resolved this late last night.

I am my own host and made a mistake when configuring my new server and left magic quotes on.

Magic quotes have to be left on for WHM/CPanel functionality but I've targeted those specifically and the issue is resolved.

Thanks.
Just FYI, this has already been resolved for Beta 2.
(2010-05-30, 07:20 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Just FYI, this has already been resolved for Beta 2.

Good stuff.

I'm still running a beta version from the SVN before you guys even released it to the public here in the forums. I need to do an upgrade soon. (My forums are in development locally, so security isn't much of a concern at the moment - hence the delayed update.) I originally used the beta from the SVN so that I didn't have to reskin/recode any of my customizations upon the release of 1.6. (as I was sure how in-depth the changes would be) If I don't hurry up and finish I'll be rewriting for 2.0 all too soon!

By the way, Ryan, I need to get in contact with you in the near future. I may have some worthwhile suggestions in regards to the development of MyBB - and may even consider making those contributions myself. I'd like to finish what I'm working on first, though --- when does 1.6 final drop?

Anyway, shoot me a PM. If you use any instant messengers, include your username (if you don't mind) and I'll get in touch with you to discuss. If I don't hear from you I'll shoot you a PM when I get done with my current project.

Cheers
(2010-05-30, 07:41 PM)ahstanford Wrote: [ -> ]when does 1.6 final drop?

Whenever it's ready. No big changes are being made to 1.6 now though.