MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remember Me on this PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can we have a check box next to the login. So the user can choose to be rembered on this PC. This would be usefull when you login from a shared PC (cafe/libary/school/etc) but still allow your home PC to automatically remember you.
Well i guess there is no need for that.

because if u sign in at home, then visit again, u will find ur self,as rememberd, i mean, logged

and if u go to the school, the same thing is applied!! and u wont loose the one for home,

it's all about cookies!! if u dont delete them, u will still be recognized

regards
Some people don't want to make the effort to have to click on the "Log Out" link when the get off of the computer. He is talking about if you are on a computer that isn't yours, such as a school or library, where you don't want someone else coming on and being on your account. With a remember me option, you can choose whether to set that cookie or not to set it.

I would like to see this, it is in most other bulletin boards Wink
zaher you misunderstand, Belloman your spot on.

I have a number of user's who view my forums at school and most of them never log out (Despite asking them to do so).

I run a private board which is closed to non members. So unless I stop cookies being saved for all members, the security of my board is compromised.
Leon Wrote:zaher you misunderstand, Belloman your spot on.

I have a number of user's who view my forums at school and most of them never log out (Despite asking them to do so).

I run a private board which is closed to non members. So unless I stop cookies being saved for all members, the security of my board is compromised.
That's not the way it is. Security of your board is not just MyBB's responsibility, also that of your members. If your members just don't tick the "remember me" box, the cookies will be deleted when the browser window closes. However, if they do tick the "remember me" box, others might be able to login from that computer if they logout.
Peter Wrote:
Leon Wrote:zaher you misunderstand, Belloman your spot on.

That's not the way it is. Security of your board is not just MyBB's responsibility, also that of your members. If your members just don't tick the "remember me" box, the cookies will be deleted when the browser window closes. However, if they do tick the "remember me" box, others might be able to login from that computer if they logout.

I realise that no system will ever be perfect, and had no intention of putting the responsibility of my forum on mybb.

This is just a suggestion that I would find useful and im sure many other's would although for slightly different reasons.

This is a feature of many other websites that require login and im sure would only enhance mybb if it was to be included.