MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locating templates...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on reskinning the post bit of my forums.

The postbit template uses the following:
{$post['profilelink']}
to pull the user's name and profile link.

Where is the template to control the output of that "variable" (or array value, rather) located?

Thanks in advance.
That would have been created in the PHP file itself.

Line 1048 of ./showthread.php:

$post['profilelink'] = build_profile_link($post['username'], $post['uid']);
(2010-05-30, 07:38 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That would have been created in the PHP file itself.

Line 1048 of ./showthread.php:

$post['profilelink'] = build_profile_link($post['username'], $post['uid']);

Yikes -- Basically, I have to work around that markup or watch it break every time I upgrade that particular file...?
What is it you're trying to do...??

Actually it's line 226 of ./inc/function_post.php, the other line is for something else.

You could use the postbit hook and do a str_replace on the link to change it or something if that's what you need to do.
(2010-05-30, 07:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What is it you're trying to do...??

Actually it's line 226 of ./inc/function_post.php, the other line is for something else.

You could use the postbit hook and do a str_replace on the link to change it or something if that's what you need to do.

I'm just trying to clean up the markup. It's no big deal, I created a work around of my own though it would be really nice if all the markup was seperate from the PHP.
The markup for the profile links is controlled by the display group's "Username Style", available through the ACP while editing the group.
(2010-06-02, 01:46 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]The markup for the profile links is controlled by the display group's "Username Style", available through the ACP while editing the group.

Actually, that is a great point. I'd forgotten that altogether. I appreciate that.