MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Online / Offline Has No Effect!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
URL : http://www.vbleet.com
Version : 1.4.1. I just moved my site to another website host, but the version is still the same

Problem:
Ok, so I just moved my site to a new host. After I was reupload the mybb files to a new server, I don't know, All of files have 777 CHMOD while all folders have 700 CHMOD. And after I changed it to :

Files : 644
Folders : 700

And resetting the config.php and import the databases. And Voila my website are up and running again. But it still closed as it was. After that I tried to login to the AdminCP and go to
Board Settings - Board Online / Offline :
Quote:Board Closed = No

And then I open the forum, but nothing happens. It still saying:
Quote:Your board status is currently set to closed.

I keep trying change the value to Yes and No several times, but it has no effect. Any help?
Why on earth are you on 1.4.1?! It's well over a year and a half old, you're vulnerable to numerous security vulnerabilities and have hundreds of unfixed bugs. Upgrade.

Almost all files should be 644 and folders should be 755. ./inc/settings.php needs to be 666, see here for others: [Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2010-05-31, 12:24 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why on earth are you on 1.4.1?! It's well over a year and a half old, you're vulnerable to numerous security vulnerabilities and have hundreds of unfixed bugs. Upgrade.

Almost all files should be 644 and folders should be 755. ./inc/settings.php needs to be 666, see here for others: [Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

I mean 1.4.11. Well, It said:
Quote:Congratulations, you are running the latest version of MyBB.

Thanks champ. It works now. I forgot to CHMOD the settings.php file to 666 Big Grin
(2010-05-31, 12:38 AM)Theref Wrote: [ -> ]I mean 1.4.11. Well, It said:

Latest version is 1.4.13, you should upgrade as there are security vulnerabilities in 1.4.11
(2010-05-31, 12:41 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-31, 12:38 AM)Theref Wrote: [ -> ]I mean 1.4.11. Well, It said:

Latest version is 1.4.13, you should upgrade as there are security vulnerabilities in 1.4.11

I don't know, I think there are still error in my Mybb. Whenever I tried to do the version check, it always say:
[Image: 296ir68.png]

Latest version : () ??? Huh
Just upgrade to 1.4.13 and see if that works.
(2010-05-31, 12:51 AM)Theref Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know, I think there are still error in my Mybb. Whenever I tried to do the version check, it always say:

It's because of the switch from Mybboard.net to MyBB.com, you can still upgrade though. Smile
Yeah we need to get this fixed ASAP.