MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Followup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

Thank you for the time you've taken to write up your responses.

Unfortunately we (the staff) are supporting a bulletin board software on our free time and not being paid for it. We have no issue with this - however, dealing with a situation as trivial as x user's forum being white hat/black hat will eat into our time which should be spent helping people with our software, as we are meant to be doing.
At the end of the day any moderating work that we have to do here is more work than we'd ideally like to be doing. It's gotten to the stage where we've got staff to do just moderating and dealing with community/member issues (myself and Imad at the moment, I believe).

It is extremely difficult for us to accurately gauge whether or not your entire community is white hat/black hat before offering you support in a timely manner.

There are numerous other contributing factors leading to our end decision. Which is that we will not give support to forums containing information on any type of hacking.

This also means that we probably will not allow showroom threads to be created for forums that fall into this category also.

We're sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.
You may contact me privately if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Thank you for understanding.
Pages: 1 2