MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'd like to copy "parts" of my forum..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm changing host and stuff which means that I need to move my forum, basically I'd like to only copy the users and their setting, forum sections, usergroups, topics&posts and permissions.

Is there any way of doing this?
Move your files and database to your new host :s
and change the database details in : /inc/config.php
No I only want parts of my forum.
Why not do as i said and delete what you dont want.
(2010-05-31, 01:16 PM)Claritty Wrote: [ -> ]No I only want parts of my forum.
You could export the database of your current forum and than create a new forum. Than import only parts of the database you want on the current forum such as your users.
Transfer everything and delete what you don't need via the ACP properly afterwards. People who try and only transfer certain stuff usually miss something and end up having to transfer everything anyway. What you want to copy is more or less everything anyway...
Matt is right, I once had a completely screwed forum, somehow all the template got messed up (i accidentaly deleted the default template Toungue) I tried to import only users posts and threads to a new forum, but in the end everytihng got messed up.

If you are going to import, make sure you delete all the users first via phpmyadmin, then import in phpmyadmin. Otherwise you will get a duplicate key error when importing (as user with the uid "1" already exists)