MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: two user related issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on setting up a new forum for a rather active community that's currently mailing-list based. I'm supposed to be going live soon, but running into some issues with MyBB.

First, I must have changed a setting somewhere (though I'm not sure what I've done because I've made a number of changes..) because the lost password link no longer works. It takes you back to the regular login page. Users can't reset their passwords right now. Any ideas what I've done?

Second, how can I skip approving new users, while still sending the email verification? Basically, once a registered user gets the verification email, goes the verification url, the user will automatically become a member of the 'Registered' group, and skip the Awaiting Approval group/mode. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Quote:Second, how can I skip approving new users, while still sending the email verification? Basically, once a registered user gets the verification email, goes the verification url, the user will automatically become a member of the 'Registered' group, and skip the Awaiting Approval group/mode. Is this possible?

Basicly this is the default, when u register , u get a temporary status that is Awaiting Activation, that is gone at the moment u activate ur account using the URL found in the message.
However you can choose from a set of options found in Admin CP> Board Settings > Change > User profile and registration > Activation method

for the 1st issue, well i can't help u nowToungue i'm typing in secret at the university lab:Toungue, but i guess if u are clicking on the link in the message u get after u type a wrong pass or username, this one says, go back and try ,. or something, so if that was ur case, then u have no problem

see ya