MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All new registered members invisible by default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
* Detailed description of your problem : If anyone register on my forum his/her status set to invisible by default

* URL to your forum/URL : www.forum.egymx.com
* New installation or upgrade : i converted my forum from phpbb3 to mybb 1.4.10 about 5 month ago and everything works so good except this issue

BTW after i converted my forum all the users was hidden and i get support in this topic
I am having a lot of trouble navigating your forum even with google translator so would you mind registering a test account (making sure the invisibility option isn't checked while registering) and seeing if you are invisible? Have you actually tested this or are you just noticing a lot of your new members are appearing invisible?
Hi Timb.
thier is a test accout
user : mybb
pass : test123456

i look at the invisibility option during registering and it was unchecked
and i was visible after register
looks like the members check the invisible box during register
but i try todisable this feature from the acp for the member group
but cant find any option to do such thing
how could i disable this feature ?

thanks and sorry about my bad english
You could edit the register and usercp templates to remove the option to be invisible.

So in member templates --> member_register find and remove:
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="invisible" id="invisible" value="1" {$invisiblecheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="invisible">{$lang->invisible_mode}</label></span></td>
</tr>

And in user control panel templates --> usercp_options find and remove:
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="invisible" id="invisible" value="1" {$invisiblecheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="invisible">{$lang->invisible_mode}</label></span></td>
</tr>

Also if you wish to change the existing users from invisible to visible then you can run this in PHPMyAdmin:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `invisible` = '0' WHERE `invisible` = '1' 
Thanks so Much Polar & Tim
it works like charm Smile)
much much appreciated for the good work you offering here