MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: E-Mail send doesn't work, plz help noob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I just set-up my new forum and the E-Mail activation isn't working. Could you please tell me how to set it up?

Thanks.
Can you please create a new PHP file with the following content:
PHP Code:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL);

$to '[email protected]';

if(
mail($to'Testing mail''This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.'))
{
���� echo 'Mail was sent by PHP';
}
else
{
���� echo 'PHP could not send the mail';
}
?>
Replace [email protected] with your own email address, upload the file to your webspace and open it with your browser. Do you get a mail after that?
Michael83 Wrote:Can you please create a new PHP file with the following content:
PHP Code:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL);

$to '[email protected]';

if(
{
}
else
{
}
?>
Replace [email protected] with your own email address, upload the file to your webspace and open it with your browser. Do you get a mail after that?

Could you please tell me how to make a PHP file? Also, where do I put the file?

Thank you for your time.
Hello,
The test mesage didn't arive.
Contact your hosting company - I had a simular problem not so long ago. Was an issue with my hosts. =]
Adam Hughes Wrote:Contact your hosting company - I had a simular problem not so long ago. Was an issue with my hosts. =]

OK, I will try that. My hoster is Award Space.
Thanks for helping me out! Cool

The_nVIDiA_Guy

BTW, BBoard is cool!
I just noticed that on my "Hosting Settings" page, it says that SMTP is dissabled, is this needed for send messages?
Ow yes sure, SMTP is the protocol for sending them Smile

see ya
SMTP isn't needed for use in MyBB however.

MyBB makes use of PHP's internal mail() function (http://www.php.net/mail). To make use of this, PHP needs to be configured to use whichever MTA (Mail Transport App) your server uses.

You'll need to contact your host in regards to getting it configured correctly.
Michael83 Wrote:Can you please create a new PHP file with the following content:
PHP Code:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL);

$to '[email protected]';

if(
{
}
else
{
}
?>

Hi,
I also get this problem. when i tried the above codes, I got the message 'Mail was sent by PHP'. but when I checked my mailbox, I didn't receive it. My forum is freely hosted by 100webspaces.com. Will anyone please help? Thanks
Pages: 1 2