MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem in sending mass emails to member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I use smtp server to send mass emails to my member, plus all other emails which my forum send to users etc.

problem is when i send mass emails, because my host allow only 200 emails per hours from smtp server.. (they said it is for security reasons to avoid spams)
So my mybb forum send 200 emails and then bounce all other emails..

Is there a way in mybb to send emails in batches? like 150-200 emails in one hour and then remaining 200 next hour and so on.

Cheerz Smile
Use Google SMTP then. Just change the settings properly and you're good to go.
(2010-06-01, 03:28 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Use Google SMTP then. Just change the settings properly and you're good to go.

google smtp? Do you mean to say i switch my emails to google emails?
Or do you mean i create a google account and use its smtp server? does google put any limit for sending emails?
Sign up for a gmail account. You'll see setting for SMTP. In admincp you can change your settings and then you'll be sending through GMAIL servers.

Just make sure the encryption is enabled. TLS I think for gmail.
(2010-06-01, 03:32 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Sign up for a gmail account. You'll see setting for SMTP. In admincp you can change your settings and then you'll be sending through GMAIL servers.

Just make sure the encryption is enabled. TLS I think for gmail.

Thanks.
Let me try
sigh..google has the limit of 500emails daily..not a solution for me..
I'm still looking for batch emails solution or some other..

Cheerz Smile
(2010-06-01, 03:24 PM)killer Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way in mybb to send emails in batches? like 150-200 emails in one hour and then remaining 200 next hour and so on.

That's precisely how the mass mail task works. Set it to send 150 per page, set the task to run every hour, it'll send 150 each time it's run.
(2010-06-01, 04:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-01, 03:24 PM)killer Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way in mybb to send emails in batches? like 150-200 emails in one hour and then remaining 200 next hour and so on.

That's precisely how the mass mail task works. Set it to send 150 per page, set the task to run every hour, it'll send 150 each time it's run.

thanks for your reply..
current mass email is set to send every 15min..
what values should i set to send after 1 hour?

current setting is
Time: Minutes  -> 10,25,40,55
Time: Hours -> *
Time: Days of Month  -> *
If task is ever 15 mins and you can do 200 an hour then that's 50 per task. I'd do 40 per task to make sure your other emails get sent like subscriptions and activations.

However if you have 10,000 members then this is not a solution.

You may just have to find and email newsletter service and pay for it. You can also consider a new host with higher limitations.
thanks friends for your replies Smile

Thread is suppose to be closed now

Cheerz ALL Smile