MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for a game developer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For a project. Free to play. Yes. Will that change? Possibly, who knows in the future. FOSS? No. Maybe in the future, when we have a more advanced version, but as we want to code it, we want to have the best version and most successful of it.

We are looking for 1-2 more Php programmer(s). To assist our lead programmer. I will be the first to say we are not the most expierenced team on the planet. (We actually all are minors)

Project started about a year ago when a convosation like this went on between me and Marston.

"Hey bro, we should make our own ogame."
"Nah Xnova is crap"
"I mean like our own."

And yes. It died down for a few months, we are back at it now, restarted the code. If you want to enquire, make a post Here. No wait, here. No its hiding...

Must have a sense of humor, be a good laugher, and smile.
Tommy is a good PHP Coder, you should ask him.
I'm not a php coder, but I do wish you luck. Smile
Thanks Rozzy, im not the best by far, but I can get by pretty well. Whats the game about?
(2010-06-01, 06:52 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rozzy, im not the best by far, but I can get by pretty well. Whats the game about?

I really should start the documentation, go to tm0.org/demo/ and read some of the posts. Its a modernish version of Ogame.org/us/de/lv/etc If you want i can show you want we have so far. Edit nope, as i am leaving now.
Nice, how long have yuo spent building it?
one thing.. what happens if I run out of silicone, but have no silicone mines? Toungue
Well 41shots said they've been doing it for a year but then it went down. So I'd suspect less than half a year because they said they restarted the code.
(2010-06-01, 07:16 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, how long have yuo spent building it?
one thing.. what happens if I run out of silicone, but have no silicone mines? Toungue

On the current 'version', about 3-4 months

You have a base income.

(2010-06-01, 07:22 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Well 41shots said they've been doing it for a year but then it went down. So I'd suspect less than half a year because they said they restarted the code.

Yup.
Well, some suggesitons:
  • Prices - I have no idea how much things are Toungue
  • Some CSS (background)
  • More characters allowed for alliance motto Smile (I ran out)
Looks good so far but you can really use a design. I might be able to help with that as I will have plenty of time in the summer Smile.
I know. Prices are iffy atm
I have a design being worked on, that was the wireframe the guy gave me.
I think 25 characters is enough for a short motto, anything longer would take up too much space on the Alliance Pages.

At the moment the focus is getting the main features working, so that means that it wont look good and it will be buggy.

My PHP is terrible no matter what 41shots says, and I can only do so much. [By myself, that is, someone else would be good as a second opinion and would speed things up]

If you are interested/ want to talk more about it, my MSN is ogame_mainiac[at]hotmail[dot][co][dot][uk]
Pages: 1 2 3