MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] MyBB SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum is acting real strange.. it's only a week old and i have managed another forum for the past 2 years.. I get a SQL error but there is no number to let me know what type of error this is.. all i see is this

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (4)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

it can run error free for a few hrs and bam ! that thing appears and keeps me out of my board for a few minutes and than it allows me back in, Angry

any help will be greatly appreciated !

I had installed Pirata_Nervo's shoutbox and was thinking that it might be related to my bug, i have uninstalled and deleted it and nope.. that was not it.

thank you guys
Maybe your localhost is too busy? Toungue

Try reducing the amount of tasks you run on your OS.

Is your board on your localhost or on a hoster? If it is hosted on the internet, then contact your host.
Seems to be an error on your host side.
I did contact them but they did not help at all.. i will try to bug them a few dozen times.. that might work !

thanks for the help
try changing your db config to "localhost" instead of "127.0.0.1"
(2010-06-02, 05:19 AM)Chainzs Wrote: [ -> ]I did contact them but they did not help at all.. i will try to bug them a few dozen times.. that might work !

thanks for the help
Or you can change to a decent host that actually gives your support.
If it's happening intermittently like that it's an issue on their end. What did they say about it??
Is your MySQL server definitely on localhost and not external?
(2010-06-02, 08:49 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]try changing your db config to "localhost" instead of "127.0.0.1"

Where do i need to go to change this ? is it in the MyBB settings somewhere or directly on my webhost panel.
./inc/config.php
Pages: 1 2