MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Poll is closed for some users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hej everyone,
I am unsure if this is a bug or a problem with my config.

On my forum I have a thread with posts and a poll. I can vote for a poll option, 4 other users could do it aswell. But now, two of my users informed me, that they can not vote for any ption on the poll, it looks as if the poll would be closed for them.
They are in two different groups (Super moderator and registered) and both can't vote.
If I log into their accounts I can see the issue, however I can't reproduce it with other accounts.

Anybody got an idea?

EDIT:
Got a screen here, user did not vote (no option is selected with a *) but it seems as if he did:
[attachment=18452]
Sorry for german forum language...
Admin CP > Users & Groups > Groups > *Group with specific issue* > Forums & Posts > Poll Options

Make sure Can vote in polls? is checked.
Is checked, permissions are properly set.
That was my first guess Wink
Hmm....

Goto the Cache Manager and rebuild forumpermissions.

That might sort it out.
Done, did not solve it. Permissions haven't changed in months by the way.

But thanks for trying, keep coming up with ideas please...
Create a test poll and see if the same thing happens.
Already done, yes. Affects all polls for these users.
Does it affect all users in the registered and super moderator group or just those two individuals?
So far just these two, other users from the registered groups have been able to vote.

I did however not test all accounts of course Wink
(2010-06-02, 09:42 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]So far just these two, other users from the registered groups have been able to vote.

I did however not test all accounts of course Wink
Could you look if there are any special settings for these two members by editing their profile/settings in the ACP. If you can't find anything you could look in the database and pull up one of the affected users and a working user and see what's different when comparing the fields, it's a long shot but it could find the problem.
Pages: 1 2