MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New post icons active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I have an issue that I can't resolve here http://junglebox.co.uk

Basically the issue is that the new post icons stay active after I have read all the post which is kind of annoying. I have cleared everything in browser history and tried and also stoped and started the browser(firefox 3.6) and the error is the same in google chrome also.

This has just started happening and I have installed no new plugins or updates for weeks.

Any suggestions?
Try clicking "Mark All Forums Read" at the footer of your forum, this will tell the system you have read them all and the new post icons should disappear until a new post is made at which it should only show a "New Post" symbol in the forum that new post was made in.
Can you set up a test account for us.
@ ccalby marking all threads read changes nothing.

@ TimB user: mybbtest pass: mybbtest
bumpety bump any ideas anyone?
Works fine for me...
Is it happening on specific threads or forums?
did you login with the test account?
Yup. Hence the test post ^_^
ok replyed
I've narrowed it down to mainly just my main admin account any ideas how to fix?
Actually it's only the super admin role, thats not very good is it.
So my new question is, why can't I mark threads as read if I'm logged in as super administrator.
Does it work if you click the icon beside the forum?
Nope, nothing works as soon as i refresh they show has having new post again.

what I've tried
1. Different browsers
2. Clearing browser cache
3. Rebuilding caches in MyBB
4. Restarting apache
5. restarting who VPS
6. Create new admin (works fine)
7. delete old admin (can't beause is super admin)
8. merge admins can't.

Still cant mark threads or post as read with the super administrator account but can as users?
bumpety bump
Pages: 1 2