MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforums not showing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently upgraded from PR2 to 1.04 and now on the main page the subforums are not showing. In PR2 it used to say something like "Subforums: xxx, xxx, xxx and x more" but that has gone for every category!

It might be related to a problem i had before when i upgraded, which was that the permissions all went wrong and none of my mods or admin could see the special "Staff" category I had.

Anyone encounter the disapearing subforum problem?

-DrPoodle

btw, if you enter a forum with subforums they do show on the forumdisplay.php page.
HEloo there

in the board settings > change > Forum Home Options

make sure that Subforums to show on Index listing is set a number higher than 0

regards
Set to 4. This was the first thing I checked (don't worry, I'm not a MyBB n00b!)
heloo there,

it might be a template problem

Admin CP > Templates > Modify / Delete > Expand > Forum bit templates >forumbit_subforums

make sure it looks like this

<br />$lang->subforums <span class="subft">$forums</span>

then in
Admin CP > Templates > Modify / Delete > Expand > Forum bit templates >forumbit_depth2_forum

find that this existe
$subforums

regards
Well I think you've found the problem...the forumbit_subforums template doesn't exist...but it doesn't exist in the Default templates either. are you quite sure its in the Forum bits group?
yes !! so pls add it Smile
Yay! Thanks for your help!