MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free Plugin Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it ok if i make a list of all the free plugins on my site and make them available for download? Im also adding the authors name and website for each plugin in the decription of the download.
We already have that at http://mods.mybboard.net/mods
Some licenses won't allow you to redistribute.
But why not link them to the download on the mods site as Bob suggested?
(2010-06-04, 07:47 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Some licenses won't allow you to redistribute.
But why not link them to the download on the mods site as Bob suggested?

Not all free plugins are on the download site, you could just link them to the website where they can be found.
Well, you cant include my userbar script, as you will require a reseller liscence. Many of Pirata's and Labrocca's may not be redistributed. You also have the problem of asking the author for permission, as many members (such as Yumi) have left mybb...
(2010-06-04, 08:17 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you cant include my userbar script, as you will require a reseller liscence. Many of Pirata's and Labrocca's may not be redistributed. You also have the problem of asking the author for permission, as many members (such as Yumi) have left mybb...

You can redistribute most of Yumi's Plugins:

Quote:License Terms
Unless otherwise stated, plugins posted here are licensed under GNU Public License v3 (same terms as MyBB).
You may re-distribute any plugins that are paid with written permission, this included MyBBSource.

You would have to go through each and every plugin to check there license before adding them too.
(2010-06-05, 11:12 PM)ccalby Wrote: [ -> ]You may re-distribute any plugins that are paid without written permission, this included MyBBSource.

I totally disagree, most paid plugins license do not allow redistribution.
Cap, I apoligize Smile I meant to put with instead of without Blush
Thank you for making the correction to your previous post, because you were sending the wrong message to the readers...

Smile