MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DNS Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK im quite confused/concerned as to whether my new DNS setting will work.

I have a server (say with an IP 1.1.1.1). It has 2 extra IPs (2.2.2.2 and 3.3.3.3).

I have 1.1.1.1 = ns1.domain.com
and 2.2.2.2 = ns2.domain.com

This server hosts "Virtual Servers", and one server (domain.com) is set to use 1.1.1.1 (root IP) as its own IP. The other (domain2.com) is set to use 3.3.3.3 as its own IP (IE: not to share it with any other domain). If I point domain2.com's Nameservers to ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com. Will it still resolve to 3.3.3.3? As they are on the same server?
EDIT: I answered my own question by waiting - it works Smile

--Closed
Yeah. DNS's are retarded until you wait long enough to get worried then it works.

Best of luck with whatever Smile
Yeah, i know they take a while, but it seemed that the settings I put in were beyond possible Toungue
If you know you will be changing DNS entries, then update the time to live parameter about a day in advance. This parameter tells computers how long the entry is valid (eg. how often to query the domain name). Without this step, it can take 24-48 hours for DNS changes to propagate.