MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Date of Birth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can I have the Date of Birth as a custom profile field for registration ??

Can someone help me please ??
What do you mean, it's already in the registration.
What i mean is when as a new user I am registering I don't see the Date of Birth field on the registration page.

I would love to have that on the registration page as a mandatory field.

Can you help me with that ??
(2010-06-05, 03:53 PM)sevensins Wrote: [ -> ]What i mean is when as a new user I am registering I don't see the Date of Birth field on the registration page.

I understand what you mean and it would be useful if we could have the date of birth on the registration page.

I was just searching a solution for this myself because not many new members will have the quick knowledge to edit their profile and fill this in.
(2010-06-06, 09:17 AM)andyg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-05, 03:53 PM)sevensins Wrote: [ -> ]What i mean is when as a new user I am registering I don't see the Date of Birth field on the registration page.

I understand what you mean and it would be useful if we could have the date of birth on the registration page.

I was just searching a solution for this myself because not many new members will have the quick knowledge to edit their profile and fill this in.

Exactly why i want it and also then the today's birthday would show up .. Smile
Bumping this up...any updates anyone ?
Go to your Admin CP > Configuration > User Registration & Profile Options > Scroll down to bottom and where you see COPPA Compliance select Deny users under the age of 13 and hit save settings then when you logout and press register it should ask for your birthday Smile
(2010-06-08, 03:11 AM)markwesley Wrote: [ -> ]Go to your Admin CP > Configuration > User Registration & Profile Options > Scroll down to bottom and where you see COPPA Compliance select Deny users under the age of 13 and hit save settings then when you logout and press register it should ask for your birthday Smile

Thanks a lot..but is there any way to do it without a COPPA Compliance ??
No, you're asking to put in a date of birth profile field when one already exists. Why add things that are there already??

Also to restrict under 13's from registering, you use COPPA. There's no other methods other than COPPA to stop under 13's registering on a forum.
How we can use this for all !! I mean change 13 to 9 or 10 Mybe Everyone
Pages: 1 2