MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copy users into MyBB forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Now that I got the Single page signon to work for new users I now need to find a way to get existing users from the Sharetronix site over to MyBB. I was thinking of copying the users in the user table from the sharetronix side over to mybb_users but I then realized that salt might be a problem. Does anyone have any recommendation on how I can migrate users from one system into MyBB?

Thanks,

Jason
There is no way to determine a password based on the salted hash. In fact, any good database driven account system would use a hash of some description for passwords, so it may not be possible to pull user passwords from Sharetronix to the MyBB database. Best approach would be to set everyone's password to something and inform them all that their passwords have been reset.
If the passwords are not salted in sharetronix it is possible to port these users.

I can do that for a small fee, contact me if you are interested.
I can do this for you, can convert as much information as possible and generate a new password then e-mail it to users, contact me via PM.