MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best bang for the buck host that will support MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The title says it all, what host would you reccommend with best bang for the buck package and you know Mybb will run on their server...because I'm thinking of switching hosts.Cool
Wrong area mate Smile

SimP2H.com
or
http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827.html
There appears to be a totally dedicated mybb web host sustained by a few of the MyBB Support forum staff. You can check it out here: http://mybbwebhost.com
Most hosts should run MyBB with no problem.

I use Vidahost for all my sites Smile
What are you looking for? Total access (FTP,PHPMYADMIN,cPanel etc..) or just a forum host (like createbb)

I could help you with both Smile
I'm currently giving TheForumForge a try, on the starter package. For $2.50/month and a good reputation, can't really go wrong.
TheForumForge is absolutely great, however script support is been very slow lately.
I also suggest The Forum Forge. I contacted them about switching, i just was window shopping. Theo (My live chat person guy) was great. He joked around, we got into the technical area of things, he was able to answer every question i had. He even offered me a free months hosting, for some reason lol. Not quite sure why yet, but i assume its because they are just dedicated to hosting a good service.
Even the best shared hosting will kick you off once any type of php/mysql site gets busy + some free hosts are actually pretty decent, so...
  • Why not start with free and quickly upgrade to your own VPS?
Why not...?
Well, do you have the time to manage your own cheap VPS, or the money for an expensive managed one?
Who will be there to re-boot when needed? Angel

Conclusion: Shared hosting is OK for a while, but don't expect to make a really successful site.
Best bang for the buck host that will support MyBB?
This is actually pretty good for only $1 per month:

# 3,500MB Space
# 35000MB Bandwidth
# Unlimited domains hosting
# Latest cPanel and Fantastico
# Rest all features unlimited
# Free domain reseller account on request
# Anytime money back guarantee

I used them over a year and they had great up-time with low server loads
ps This is an uncompensated endorsement. Toungue
Pages: 1 2