MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Background color where text goes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I'm kind of in need of desperate help.

I run a specifically themed forum boards in which a lot of people use HTML Tables to share statistics and such. Most of these people have tons and tons of pages and posts of these HTML Tables, and their backgrounds are set to use the default color of the area of where the text in the post goes.

But I want to change my theme to something more dark. I've found my desired theme, but the only problem is that the area where the text goes is black.

Is there any way to change this in the theme editor in Admin CP, and if so, how?!?!
Would you perhaps be able to show either a link or screen shot Smile
A link or screenshot of what??? I don't understand what you mean?

Basically, when I see text on here, it is a black font with a white background. On the theme I have, it is a whitish font on a BLACK background...and I'm asking if it's at all possible to modify the theme somehow to make it have black font on a WHITE background.

Oh well, haha! I guess I'll do it as best as I can, lmfao! Toungue

[Image: 6ozxoz.jpg]

[Image: 2mnndcl.jpg]

Basically I want to change JUST THE AREA where the posts show up (not the ENTIRE THEMES BACKGROUND...JUST THE AREA WHERE POSTS SHOW UP) so that peoples HTML tables aren't affected, like they were in this example...does that make more sense?? lol Toungue
you could style every TD with a <td style="background-color: #ffffff;">
I see you are using my theme - red eclipse. I thank you Smile.

As for the fix you would have to color all the TD's yourself.

An easy way to do this would be -

themes>theme name > global.css > advanced >

From there scroll down to the bottom and put -

td {
background-color: #666;
}

change the 666 to the color you want.