MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dreamhost Invitations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I received a lovely email this morning telling my my web host (Dreamhost) has given me five "Invitations". I'm not really sure what the hell these are exactly, but it looks like if I give someone an invitation code, they get a discount, and I get money to feed my cats.

[Image: gB9Zr.png]

Perks of Dreamhost:
- Custom control panel that makes cPanel look like crap
- Unmetered disk/bandwidth, as long as you follow their rules.
- I personally haven't had any downtime problems with them.

If anyone wants $100 off two years of hosting, PM me and I'll give you a code. I don't have any IRL friends who give a damn about hosting, so my forum friends are the only people that could probably use these, lol.

Staff: If this counts as affiliate spamming, feel free to lock/delete.
Are you sure this is not a spoofed email?? At the start of the email, does it say your name or "Dreamhost Customer"??
(2010-06-07, 08:19 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure this is not a spoofed email?? At the start of the email, does it say your name or "Dreamhost Customer"??

I'm amused by this. As an ex-Dreamhoster myself, I know as fact that the image shown by @Cawesome isn't actually from an email, it's from their panel.

Yes, it's true though. They offer this automatically to customers (or at least they did to me when I was there) in order to encourage referrals.

Although I personally am not the world's biggest cPanel fan, it's nice to manage and customers like/want it. Therefore, we offer it. IMO the DreamHost panel is an illogical cluttered mess.
I was not sure, as I've never hosted with Dreamhost before. I asked that question because I have recently been sent spoofed emails from the government and HSBC banks where I don't even have an account.

Good to know that it's what Dreamhost do.
(2010-06-07, 08:39 PM)vividWire Wrote: [ -> ]IMO the DreamHost panel is an illogical cluttered mess.

Weird, I think the opposite. cPanel is an illogical mess and the DH panel is a dream.

That screenshot is from their panel, btw.
(2010-06-07, 08:46 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Weird, I think the opposite. cPanel is an illogical mess and the DH panel is a dream.

Quick question seeing as the topic of panels has been brought up...would you consider cPanel if we designed some kind of custom theme for it which made it look slightly less jumbled and more pleasing to the eye?
(2010-06-07, 08:52 PM)vividWire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-07, 08:46 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Weird, I think the opposite. cPanel is an illogical mess and the DH panel is a dream.

Quick question seeing as the topic of panels has been brought up...would you consider cPanel if we designed some kind of custom theme for it which made it look slightly less jumbled and more pleasing to the eye?

Screenshot
(2010-06-07, 09:40 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshot

Pardon? Did you intend to put something there, or do you want one from me? Toungue
(2010-06-07, 09:43 PM)vividWire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-07, 09:40 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshot

Pardon? Did you intend to put something there, or do you want one from me? Toungue

I thought you were implying the Forum Forge had a custom cPanel theme, I wanted to see it.

My reasons for not liking cP can be found here.
(2010-06-07, 11:12 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you were implying the Forum Forge had a custom cPanel theme, I wanted to see it.

My reasons for not liking cP can be found here.

"would you consider cPanel if we designed some kind of custom theme for it" - we're considering making one, that's why.

I'm also investigating the feasibility of other panels right now, but the issue is many people expect cP from their host, so it would be a poor commercial decision to an extent if were to avoid using it. Thus the interest in the creation of a vaguely usable theme Smile

Nice rant by the way - it's been bookmarked, and I'm certainly going to take it into account in future.
Pages: 1 2