MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converter = vBulletin 2.x, vBulletin 3.x, phpBB, IPB, SMF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Uh, now there isn't... I converted my IPB 2.1.6 forum to MyBB 2.1.5 Smile
Did you use a conversion script from somewhere or did you convert yourself?

If you used a script, can you post where you found it so as others may also use it? Smile
Well if the passwords arent compatible, dont import them and have members reset there passwords when they come back on the forum. Also for security reasons have the converter make random passwords so hackers cant just login to an account.
Any update on a direct vbulletin to mybb converter?
Well I think the IPB 2.1.x converter needs ALOT of work. Its waaaay too buggy for me, cant get anything to work right after I use it.
i think the ought to be one. it will attract alot more MyBB users.
JesseKB Wrote:i think the ought to be one. it will attract alot more MyBB users.

We kow this, but the developers are devoting time to finish up MyBB 1.2 so it's release isn't delayed.
I used the phpBB to MyBB converter that was posted in this thread just the other day.

It worked pretty well. Except it seems like the converter is supposed to be able to copy avatars and attachments (from glancing at the code and output messages), but neither avatars nor attachments got moved to MyBB, and there were no errors about it.

It seems the author's website is gone (domain placeholder), and [ur=http://community.mybboard.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=406]the author himself[/url] seems to have stopped visiting here. So I've given up hope on this one, though if you don't mind losing the avatars and attachments, it does a decent job with the rest. But I'd rather not annoy my users by doing a half-assed conversion, so maybe I will wait until 1.2 and the official converters are released before I migrate my forums...
Quote:It doesnt really matter, just have your members reset their passwords, thats not a hard task really.. Confused
How does this work if you have changed their passwords? They can't log in after a conversion! surely you need to email them a temp password?
Pages: 1 2 3 4