MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot make changes as admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

I was trying to change the logo in my forum, but I can't make changes to anything even when logged in as an admin. I get the following error message.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mmbrs/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8m DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.strategicoutsourcers.com Port 80

Any ideas how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

All the best

Barry
Here is what Matt posted

Quote: contact your host provider and ask them to whitelist your domain or hosting account against mod_security - basically so that it doesn't affect you anymore. I have been told by bubka3 that for HostGator you need to ask them to remove mod_security rule 1234396.
The link to that thread below.

Also, check the [Wiki: Help:Mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) page as it may have a solution to your problem.

Here is the thread.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-42160.html
Also moved to the correct forum, you put this in the 1.6 support forum.
What was said worked perfectly and I figured out how to change the logo as well once I had access. Thanks for all the help guys!