MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Performance Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

With my current MyBB 1.4.8, we are getting performance issue. It's taking lot of time(about 2 minutes) display any page. We have 1260 forums in mybb_forums table, 152 users groups in mybb_usergroups table and the Cache size is 2.97 MB. Here are the Server Statistics:

PHP Version: 4.4.0
MySQL Version: 5.0.45

We are not sure why its taking much time load the page. Is there is any problem with PHP & MySQL versions or due to lot of forums?

Can any one please help me out.

Thank you.
1300 forums?? That's a HELL of a lot of forums you have. No wonder you have a performance issue. I think you'd better look at creating more MyBB installs on your server and each install having some forums.

Either that, or you remove around 1200 of them. URL to your site?? Also, upgrade your forums to 1.4.13
First of all upgrade to 1.4.13. Once you upgraded you can tweak around in Configurations -> Server and Optimization Options but I am afraid we can't help you any further with this. All you can do is get a better host or upgrade your plan that can support your forum.
You have to find out where it hangs actually. The detailed debug info could be interesting. Otherwise add your own debug messages. Everything else is just wild guesswork.
You would have a big cache array with that many forums and usergroups... running such an old version of PHP probably doesn't help either. I can't imagine who would need that many forums and usergroups and how they all get used but there you go. As frostschutz said, looking at the debug info via the link in the footer and seeing what's slow would be the best thing to do.