MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why did you make a forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I just want to know to all MyBB users out there why did they make a forum? For what purpose?
...why did they make a forum? Not "a forum", over 150 test forums, which no one has ever seen, yet. Smile
For what purpose? You can discover that almost anything really is possible, and Life is a Great Adventure!
I create forums for the thrill and enjoyment of having a great community of members, however big.
I was told to. Toungue In a gaming clan they looked to me because i was starting HTML, and said make a forum. I dumbly said okay. The clan paid for wBB, and i installed and ran it for a while.
Hobby I guess?
Generally for something to do, sometimes it's needed too Smile
When I first created a forum, it as an addition to my site. So on the site I placed news, content, etc. and in the forums, the users were able to chat with each other. It ran with phpBB that time (used a phpBB creator site). That time I didn't know much about forums or even PHP, MySQL and all that stuff.

Then I somehow learned to know about the forum systems (I didn't really know where the sudden interest came from and how I found MyBB) and started learning PHP in the meanwhile.

A while later, I installed my first MyBB on a live site and yeah, it was more accepted than phpBB Wink

Well and as of today I have installed like 50+ copys of MyBB, most on localhost for testing/trashing, etc. and I do not run an own site anymore.
Well really i made one to meet people around the world, i like meeting new people just gives you ideas of new things and new experience and i just love talking with people.
Oh, nice reasons...Well, what do you feel when you payed for a lot of expenses for your forum and just see that your forum died?
because the current community i was on began to suck (majorly bad, as in "lets fire all the staff who have worked daily for almost 10 years and replace them with members who were banned only 6 months before & lets change the niche 100% away from the sites current one to please 12 people who wanted a new niche (site had over 200k members)"Toungue
Pages: 1 2