MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Youtube in PM but not threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's defiantly an problem with the plugin or another plugin interfering. It might also be because you edited something in the template. This is not MyBB Support related as it came not with MyBB. Contact the plugin creator for help.

If the plugin works in PM but not in a postbit than than:

A) The plugin fails
B) You screwed up the templates
C) Because you installed so many YouTube plugins they are probably interfering with each other.
How is this not a plugin issue if you're using a plugin to do this and it's not working...?? Huh If it's not a core MyBB feature, it's not MyBB support.

I've merged your threads, one is plenty.

I don't know how you think code not written by MyBB is a problem with MyBB.
(2010-06-08, 06:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]How is this not a plugin issue if you're using a plugin to do this and it's not working...?? Huh If it's not a core MyBB feature, it's not MyBB support.

I've merged your threads, one is plenty.

How can 2 different plugins effect only 1 user in exactly the same way and nobody else? I personally think that as this user is in hong kong it maybe encoding, but who knows, definately not anyone on the myBB support forum by the looks of things.
(2010-06-08, 06:28 PM)moof Wrote: [ -> ]maybe encoding, but who knows, definately not anyone on the myBB support forum by the looks of things.

I sincerely apologise on behalf of everyone here for not knowing how every plugin ever written works. It's not a general support issue because the code is absolutely nothing to do with us whatsoever. Other people use the YouTube plugins fine. I don't understand your logic here.
As I said contact the creator of the plugin. It's not that hard. Try reverting the postbit plugin.
(2010-06-08, 06:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-08, 06:28 PM)moof Wrote: [ -> ]maybe encoding, but who knows, definately not anyone on the myBB support forum by the looks of things.

I sincerely apologise on behalf of everyone here for not knowing how every plugin ever written works. It's not a general support issue because the code is absolutely nothing to do with us whatsoever. Other people use the YouTube plugins fine. I don't understand your logic here.

Logic is that if it was a plugin problem it would effect more than 1 person but I used another plugin instead and disabled the old plugin still the same problem with only 1 user so obviously not a plugin problem.

Also the user can see videos in PMs just not in threads so again would indicate that its not a plugin problem

user can see you tube on other forums and on youtube so not a browser problem.

All indication seem to be a problem with MyBB somewhere but again only effects one user, user is in hong kong. They have a different alphabet other than that I have not got a clue that is why I am posting here in the help forum.

Do you still think that it is both youtube embedding plugins that are causing the problem? and if so how because inbedding a link into a post is hardly going to mess stuff up and the plugins are real popular and not effecting the thousands of boards using them.
The point is it makes no sense to say MyBB is the cause when MyBB has absolutely nothing to do with YouTube or this plugin. What code in MyBB would stop a YouTube video playing, for someone in China, and only in threads?? It's completely impossible that it's something on their end?? If it was to do with encoding it would be an issue with how the plugin is handling encoding.

(2010-06-08, 07:01 PM)moof Wrote: [ -> ]the plugins are real popular and not effecting the thousands of boards using them.

Precisely!! Other people are using them just fine. So there is something different about either your forum or this user, if MyBB was the cause of this problem, it would affect everybody.

Plus you've not even explained what happens when they try and view it or what plugins you've tried apart from automedia so what do you expect anyone to be able to do??
The way it works in most support forums is the user post what he/she believes is the problem and then the support staff ask a series of questions untill they narrow it down. However you guys just immediatly moved the request straight to the plugins section without asking a single question. This would indicate that you know what the fault is, so what is it? or you don't care/know/want to know.
It was moved because it's a problem using a plugin. That is where issues with using plugins go, they are not general support. And we shouldn't have to ask loads of questions every time someone makes a thread, it's far easier and quicker for you to give as much information as possible in your first post. All having to ask questions does is slow the process down. We don't have to go through all these plugin threads, it's not where we should be focussing our time.

But, OK, if you don't want to just post it, I'll ask. What actually happens when they try and view a video??

(2010-06-08, 08:12 PM)moof Wrote: [ -> ]or you don't care/know/want to know.

Yes, I'm sitting here typing these replies because I don't care. Thanks for that.
He sees nothing.
Pages: 1 2 3