MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow moderators to activate users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to MyBB, currently using version 1.4.13 and due to the nature of the forum I'm managing, I need to allow the moderators to activate and change a user's group.

I can't seem to find an way to do this, and even in the admin panel the only way to look for users that are waiting activation is by using the link in the dashboard that shows users statistics.

We were using SMF and now changed to MyBB and I'm having some trouble with this "feature", I'm I missing an option or do I need to create a plugin to allow any moderator from listing users that are awaiting activation and to activate the accounts and change the user's groups?
You either allow moderators limited access to the admin panel, or you would need a plugin made.
I don't believe their is a plugin for this, you could try to search the mod base, Mybb Plugins, and MyBB Central. But as Zarzadca said you can make a limited Admin group.
I've searched the options but I'm not understanding the difference between administrators and other groups.

There is one admin group, and I can change the permissions for that group, so every user I add as an admin will be limited to those permissions, I have my own user with "user defined" permissions so that I don't get lock out.

But there is also an option in the "normal" groups to allow users to access the ACP, what's the effect of that options?

In other words, how do I go about creating and admin group?

I've searched the mods site, there are a few about restricting moderator permissions, or adding some permission that is useless to me. I don't believe there is any mod/plugin that currently addresses my problem. If I get the time, I'll probably create one.
Create a new group and give them limited ACP access.
The admin permissions aren't specific enough to only allow you to activate, you'd need a plugin.

(2010-06-08, 04:05 PM)Knitter Wrote: [ -> ]I've searched the options but I'm not understanding the difference between administrators and other groups.

There is one admin group, and I can change the permissions for that group, so every user I add as an admin will be limited to those permissions, I have my own user with "user defined" permissions so that I don't get lock out.

But there is also an option in the "normal" groups to allow users to access the ACP, what's the effect of that options?

In other words, how do I go about creating and admin group?

Just select the option to have ACP access in the usergroup options and they're effectively an admin. You can then give admin permissions to specific members to setup what they can and cannot do in the ACP. You can't lock yourself out unless you change your own usergroup or remove ACP access fromt her main admin group, as you are a super admin and are exempt from these extra admin permissions.
Thanks. After I changed the option I realized that the new group was available to manage in the admins permissions, which makes sense Smile.

One last ( I hope ) question, the group "Registered" as the description that that is the default group for newly registered users, is that hard-coded, is there an option to change the default group?
I wanted the default group to be something else, if there is an option for it I can't find it, if not I'll just rename that group to what I want.
Yes I would assume that's hardcoded. You might be able to find a plugin to change that but it'll just be easier to rename the group Smile
I would make a plugin request in the plugins request forum Wink