MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha doesn't work: very important.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Then you'll need to find a way to work around that. You can't just remove CAPTCHA from the form because this function is required in many other places throughout the forum. At minimum you need to replace ./inc/functions.php but you'll probably have other problems if other files are out of date too.

(2010-06-08, 08:39 PM)MattM Wrote: [ -> ]That may be difficult to work around: what if I just replace captcha.php?

As I said before, the function that is missing is used in other places, other things will break too.
I'll try replacing functions.php
The question is how you ended up with an inconsistent set of files. Sounds to me like the hosting script you are using was made for another version of MyBB and you somehow replaced some files already which caused the problem in the first place.
It could be... it was MyBBMF that replaced the files.
According to their own site, it won't work with MyBB past 1.4.10.
Begs the question again then as to how ./captcha.php is from 1.4.13 when other files aren't. You can't mix and match versions.
How many posts get deleted that could be helpful to other users???
I posted why I couldnt get captcha to work yesterday and posted how i fixed it .
Today its gone?
That info may have helped someone .
I thought this was supposed to be a support forum .
Pages: 1 2