MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ohai there.

So I'm now about 95% finished on my first plugin. It's going great so far! Big Grin
There's one thing I need some help with. After this bit is finished it'll be done and ready for release. Smile

Here is my code:
<p class="randomthread"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/showthread.php?tid=">This is a test.</p>

I've got that to show on the main index page, which is good, exactly where I want it. Smile But, there's some things I want to do.

Pretty much, I want to link the text to a random thread within a specified forum, also giving the link the name of the thread.

Any help would be, absolutely great. I'll put your name in the copyright thing as well, saying you helped. Smile
How exactly did I not write that syntactically correct?
First of all:
Calm down, thanks for the 'advice', but get some repsect in to you quicksmart.

Second of all:
Your code didn't work, unless I put the output wrong. What should I be putting for:

<p class="randomthread"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/showthread.php?tid=">This is a test.</p>

To replace with?

I put the code you gave me into a new function, then replace the above with <p class="randomthread">$pullthread</p> but obviously that didn't work.