MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login working now and then
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People using browsers such as Firefox 3+, IE8, Chrome etc have no problems logging in or out. I recently had issues with cookies but I finally think I perfected these settings and there is nothing wrong our side.

My friend messaged me saying he is unable to login on his iPod Touch using a Safari browser. I have asked him to confirm he has his cookies enabled and he is told he gets no error messages, just after submitting the login data he is sent back to the page he was with no acknowledgment of logging in.

You can visit my site here: http://www.apc-home.co.cc/forum

You can demo the login by using this username and password:
Username: External Support
Password: mybbhelp
*** This account is banned but this does not effect the login/logout for the account.
This login will not work after 11 June 2010 (will be prolonged if necessary)

Latest MyBB version installed

Thanks. Try and login with Safari or something.
Your cookie settings are wrong.

Cookie domain: www.apc-home.co.cc should be.apc-home.co.cc
Cookie path: / should be /forum/

Edit in ./inc/settings.php, then in the ACP. Ask this suer to clear their browser cookies and try again.
Problem.

Cookie domain was: www.apc-home.co.cc
*** Everyone with Firefox 3 or latest IE could login / logout fine ***

Cookie domain is now: .apc-home.co.cc
Now I can't logout and I am sure people can't log back in.

(I changed it back to www.apc-home.co.cc for obvious reasons for now. I am sure its an issue with the javascript that manages whatever it is to do with the login.
You'll need to clear your browser cookies. I'm surprised anyone even managed to login with the settings as they were. If cookie settings are wrong, people will have problems.
Cookie settings are now to a state where I can login and logout. A user using an application on his iPod Touch says he can't login and he used to be able to. I told him to ensure it's nothing to do with the browser settings such as javascript and cookie allowances.
I can't see how logging in is working for anyone, your settings are what they were before, they're still wrong. Saying that however it's OK on my iPod so if it's not working for them it's something on their end and there's little we can do, if they're sure cookies are enabled and they've cleared them.