MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [TUT] Private Message "No Subject"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason i can't post this in the tut section so this is best place to post it....

My friend (Axvis) wanted a "No Subject" for he's forum all the one's on the web we're all glitchy so he asked me to try and make him one so here it is...

Ok so first go into the admin panel then to the theme's templates then look for "Private Messaging Templates" then goto "private_send"....

Find:
<td class="trow1"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="3" /></td>
Replace with:
<td class="trow1"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" id="subject" onfocus="if(this.value == 'No Subject') { this.value=''; }" onblur="if(this.value == '') { this.value='No Subject'; }" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="3" /></td>
Then Find:
<input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->send_message}" tabindex="9" accesskey="s" />
Replace With:
<input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" OnClick="if(subject.value == '') { subject.value='No Subject'; }" value="{$lang->send_message}" tabindex="9" accesskey="s" />
Tut By: 88power88

Thanks for reading hope i've helped you and give credits!

Hope i didn't miss anything out =\