MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Open your eyes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I just think completely restricting them is a little extreme.
(2010-06-10, 02:08 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: because not everyone who contributes here is a MyBB owner / admin.

That's imho the problem. Mainly these people are trolls.

Its true. I haven't actually opened any of my MyBB sites yet. Its the spare time we have to actually troll because our sites don't require effort yet.
Rereading what you originally said, I could understand enforcing support for owners only, but then you have people who are planning to start forums, contribute to forums as moderators, or are simply helping others with their forums.
(2010-06-10, 02:08 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]That's imho the problem. Mainly these people are trolls.

This was actually discussed this before but the other thing is that some people register to ask about MyBB before they have switched or chosen. Also people could just enter anything into the field and we would still have to moderate it.

We also rarely have problems in the support forums.
What are the warning points for instigating arguments/trolling? imo right now that's the problem. Restricting access in the first place wouldn't be very effective here. The B& hammer needs to be dropped a bit more, and warnings increased.
(2010-06-10, 02:35 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]What are the warning points for instigating arguments/trolling? imo right now that's the problem. Restricting access in the first place wouldn't be very effective here. The B& hammer needs to be dropped a bit more, and warnings increased.

Here ya go:

Quote:(PM) Repeated Unsolicited PMs to Staff (+20 points)
(Posts) Copyright Infringement: mods/plugins/themes (+40 points)
(Posts) Excessive all-caps/MyCode (+20 points)
(Posts) Rudeness / Flaming / Swearing / Inappropriate Language (+30 points)
(Posts) Spamming / Necroposting / Duplicate Posting (+20 points)
(Profile) Inappropriate Content (+20 points)
(Profile) Oversized elements (+10 points)
Denied Official Support (Marker Only) (+1 points)
Inappropriate / Illegal Content (+30 points)
Off Topic Advertising / Referral Links (+20 points)
Reported Post for No/Invalid Reason (+20 points)
Custom Reason
Hmm, I don't see instigation/trolling as a preset option; is it part of another preset or just a custom warning? IMO, there should be one specifically for that and it should be excercised "well" throughout these arguemental topics.
Trolling is not always easy to define but I don't see an "Off Topic" warning which would basically help warn people that are derailing threads. That's part of the trolling problem.

Quote:This was actually discussed this before but the other thing is that some people register to ask about MyBB before they have switched or chosen.

Offer a "Pre-Installation" support and a "Post Installation" support.
(2010-06-10, 02:57 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I don't see instigation/trolling as a preset option; is it part of another preset or just a custom warning? IMO, there should be one specifically for that and it should be excercised "well" throughout these arguemental topics.
Generally I'd put it under the "(Posts) Rudeness / Flaming / Swearing / Inappropriate Language (+30 points)" option - as it most likely is one or more of those choices as well as trolling.
Sometimes, but not always. As labrocca said, an off topic warning could prove useful. A post about disagreeing with labrocca gets you banned etc. post isn't really one of the above is it?

(for example)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6