MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Graphic design for 2D MMORPG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been working on my very own 2D MMORPG engine that should hit the internet in the next few months. It's very similar style graphics to the old school Zelda and Pokemon games.

The game is simple hack and slash with over 50 skills that can be leveled and 25 different spells to cast. The great thing about the engine is that everything can be done on the fly. I can create new areas of the map, items, monsters, NPCs, all without releasing a new game client. Which is something that will attract a fair amount of players.

Basically, the game is ready to go and is completely integrated with MyBB. When a new character is created in-game, a new account on the MyBB website is created. All the character information is stored in the database when they logout so I have added some simple character lookup tools to check out a character's stats and equipment all from MyBB. It works like a charm and just gives it that extra feature to attract members.

What I am in need of is someone extremelly experienced with photoshop that can come on as a fulltime graphical interface designer for the game. This job will not include creating character sprites or equipment images (unless that is something that you would also like to undertake), it would mainly be for designing all the interfaces and menus.

If this is something you are interested in, please reply to this thread or contact me via email/MSN with the email address "[email protected]".
I figured I'd post a screenshot of the game. If you are wondering what the blue lines are on the map, that is animated rain. There is an inbuilt weather system for the game that changes the weather gradually over time.

EDIT: Also to aid any confusion which Glas seemed to have. This game is in no way related to MyBB. It is not open-source or a plugin for MyBB in anyway. It is a standalone 2D MMORPG similar to games like Tibia and MapleStory.
As i understood from the OP, we can't do translations, can't make patches, can't host it, and there will be only one server in Australia.

Even if it's free, there will be a Shop.

All of this was confirmed by Vampyrean via MSN

In other words, We are going to Advertise his profitable game for free

Sorry but i will stick with Massacre's RPG Battle System
I wish you good luck in your project
(2010-06-11, 08:30 AM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]As i understood from the OP, we can't do translations, can't make patches, can't host it, and there will be only one server in Europe.

Even if it's free, there will be a Shop.

In other words, We are going to Advertise his profitable game for free
lol

What a waste of a post. Not once in my original post did I mention that:

- The game was open-source for translations.
- It was going to be free for anyone to make their own game with.
- It was going to be related to MyBB (except that my own site uses MyBB with integration systems).
- It was going to be hosted in Europe.
- It was going to free-to-play without an premium item shop.
- I was using this website for free advertisement.

This thread is specifically for me to recruit one of the talented designers as a member of my development team to create graphical interfaces for the game. Firstly Glas, you cannot design at all, so it was pointless for you to post in this thread in the first place, and secondly how dare you make assumptions about the game when you have no idea about the background. You just assumed that it was going to be a MyBB Plugin and because it wasn't, you bad mouth it. You can go to hell and burn mate!

EDIT: Oh, and I am 100% sure this is the Chit-Chat section for anything UNRELATED to MyBB.
I presume you want us to design the client as that controls menus looks, spirits, NPC's, etc from my knowledge. So let me get this straight, your looking for someone that can do the client design/layout? Just talk to me on IM.
No, I am looking someone to design the user interface. Like I said, designing character and monster images is not what I am after as this aspect of the game is taken care of.
Bump. I'm still in need of a designer for my client interfaces. Pricing is very negotiable.
Would it just be design, or coding too?
If it's just design I'll be more then happy to do it. [email protected] if you wanna speak.
What language is this game written in?
@trilobyte- The work I am asking for is in no way related to MyBB. It is game client interface designing I am after. Not a website or forum theme, just the game client interfaces.

@Anman The game client is developed in Adobe Director, basically for the simplicity of sprite objects and the way that sprite channels work. The server application is developed in Java for cross platform abilities since the server is hosted on a CentOS VPS in Sydney, Australia. I don't really want to put much money into operating system licensing, especially since I find that Linux servers are a lot more stable.
Pages: 1 2