MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Troubles Upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to upgrade from 1.4.8 to 1.4.13

My problem is that I'm at the point where it says

Quote:Please Login

Please enter your username and password to begin the upgrade process. You must be a valid forum administrator to perform the upgrade.

I put my ADMIN username click login, but nothing happens. The page just refreshes back and it doesn't even say if my login credentials were right or wrong.

Anybody have a solution?
What PHP version are you running? Can you try running a MyBB installation in a separate folder and see if you get the same problem when you try using the installer, if so it is probably a problem with your host. Also try reuploading the files just for a double check.
(2010-06-11, 02:32 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]What PHP version are you running? Can you try running a MyBB installation in a separate folder and see if you get the same problem when you try using the installer, if so it is probably a problem with your host. Also try reuploading the files just for a double check.

Has nothing to do with my host. I have about 5 forums on there right now Wink
I'll reup on the files and let you know.
Well I know that we had someone else and whenever he pressed next in the MyBB Installer the current page just refreshed and it was related to his shell script aka his host.
(2010-06-11, 04:04 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Well I know that we had someone else and whenever he pressed next in the MyBB Installer the current page just refreshed and it was related to his shell script aka his host.

Oh really? Well I would maybe think the same thing, but because I host other forums on the same shared hosting account, I really can't see it being a host issue.
Could you provide me a link to the forums and PM me your administrator login details.
I just figured it out. My cookie settings were not set correctly. I realized this when I tried to make you an admin account and it kept asking me to login every time I did something. Thanks for the help though Smile